- City Departments
- Public Works
The Department of Public Works (DPW) employs 18 full-time employees and 2 part-time employees. The department resolves most requests on the same day they are received. Wayne’s DPW is responsible for the following:
- Maintaining 58.53 miles of City streets
- Maintaining city trees
- Supervising the removal of approximately 9,800 tons of refuse each year
- Maintaining 84 miles of water main lines
- Maintaining 84 miles of sewer main lines
- Maintaining City parks
Message from Republic Services
A Message from Republic Services regarding trash pick-up
Republic Services would like to remind you about the schedule for collection services following the Memorial Day holiday.
Collection services provided by Republic Services will be delayed next week. We will be one day behind the regular schedule.
We ask that residents please ensure that their materials are placed out for collection either the night before or by 6 am (depending on local ordinances) to ensure that all items are collected.
In addition, we are also reminding residents to please ensure they BAG all trash before placing it into trash carts or containers. This action will reduce any residual debris from blowing out of the truck during collection.
- Republic Services would like to remind you of the upcoming Yard Waste Collection Schedule.
- We will start collections in the City of Wayne community beginning the week of April 3rd, 2023.
- We ask that residents please ensure that your materials are placed out for collection either the night before or by 6 am (depending on local ordinances) to ensure that all items are collected.
- Please help us to collect your yard waste safely and efficiently – we ask that all brush be no longer than 4 feet long, tied, and not heavier than 40 pounds.
Working together for a safer, quicker service helps both of us out.
- Inquiries from the public should be directed to our Customer Resource Center at: (800) 878-4626 or the Republic Services website at: www.republicservices.com
- Annual Certification of Employee-related Conditions (PDF)
- Glenwood Cemetery
- Healthy Lawncare (PDF)
- Home Rain Garden (PDF)
- Pavilion/Park Rental Agreement
- Recycling Flyer
- Refuse Pickup Schedule Map (PDF)
- Residential Refuse Regulations
- Transportation Employee List (PDF)
- Water Quality Report (PDF)
- Water Read Request (PDF)